A few people (my loyal readers) have asked why I haven’t posted a new entry in some time. Granted, it’s only been about a month, but my standard answer has been, “I don’t have anything to write about.” However, I have to confess that this isn’t entirely true. You see, I could write about anything. Rude people I encounter daily, the way Facebook is used to manipulate your self image, why I’ll never be cool enough to be a hipster. But I started noticing a trend with all these themes…they weren’t very inviting. Yes, inviting, that’s the euphemism I’m sticking with. I haven’t posted an entry because every topic I think of is a peek into the dark and bitter blemish of my mind that I’m so desperately trying to evade.
Am I really such a negative person? Dear God, I hope not. I read somewhere once [side note: don’t you love how if you preface anything with the phrase “I read somewhere once” it makes it so much more official sounding? Much better than “I heard” or “I think.” Certainly much less refutable] that people have a tendency to define themselves by their flaws. In so doing, whenever inclined to change certain aspects of themselves, they feel incapacitated to do so because, “it’s just who I am.” False, ladies and gentlemen. I wrote in a previous blog that life would be so much better if we could shout our problems from the rooftops. But step one is admittance. I think there are like eight other steps or something.
So maybe you can take this as some of kind of new year’s resolution. Although, I think titling something as a new year’s resolution is like setting yourself up for failure. We’ll call it, “something I’d like to change about myself.” SILTCAM. Look at that, it even makes a nice acronym.
Now don’t you worry your sweet little eyes; I don’t anticipate my awesome wit and sarcasm to suffer in the process. If so, I’ll just end this whole blog exploit and you’ll have to settle for real life conversation. Ugh, I know, I don’t want to think about it either.
For now, my dear readers, here’s to less negativity and bitterness! I’m so excited.
Whew, still got the sarcasm.
No comments:
Post a Comment