Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've Opened The Box

I've been listening to a lot of Pandora.com these days, especially at work. Sometimes I create stations and hear nothing but disappointment. Other times, it's a home run. For example, I'm a huge fan of Mary J. Blige, but for some reason, my Mary J. Blige station is crap. The same goes for my Beyonce station. I wish they would give me the option of something like, "Hey there! Are all the 'related artists' on this station sucking it up? Click here and we'll ONLY play the artist that you actually wanted to hear!"
However, this past week, I created two stations: Coldplay and Amy Winehouse. I have yet to hit the 'next track' arrow more than twice a day on these stations. On top of it all, I've been launched into the wonderful worlds of Jack Johnson & Death Cab for Cutie (c/o Coldplay) and Madeleine Peyroux & Corinne Bailey Rae (c/o Amy Winehouse).
Pandora, you've cast me into a realm of daydreams preoccupied with fictional characters possessing Chris Martin intellect, Jack Johnson smoothness, and Mark Ronson style; where I have the style of Sara Bareilles, the soul of Joss Stone, and the sweetness of Feist. We're a perfect match, really.

No comments: