Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mouthwash

Inspired by (and some parts taken from) the actual song "Mouthwash" by Kate Nash. I would suggest you listen to it before reading...

This is my face, I've got a thousand opinions and not the time to explain
And this is my body, and no matter how you try and disable it, yes I'll still be here
And this is my mind, and although you try to infringe, you cannot confine
And this is my brain, and even if you try and hold me back there's nothing that you can gain
And this is my heart, and no matter how many times you break it, it will still be a work of art
And this is my hand, and even if you let it go, I’ll still follow the dreams that I’ve planned
And these are my eyes, and although you meet them with yours, I can see straight through your lies
And these are my feet, and despite your attempts to direct my path, I’ll always have you beat
And these are my arms, and they’ll never be wrapped around you, regardless of your charm

Cuz I use mouthwash
Sometimes I floss
I’ve got a family
And I drink iced tea

I’ve got nostalgic tendencies
I’ve got familiar faces
I’ve got tortuous memories
And I’ve got favorite places

And I’m singing “Oh Oh” on a Friday night, and I hope everything’s gonna be alright.

1 comment:

Manal said...

this is one of your darker blogs (and the song is dark but bubbly and altogether confusing). i love it all. you are becoming a sort of hero, not like my grandma is to me, but like in that mariah carey song. you dig deep in yourself and become your own hero. i like that. you are really cool.