I’ve been gone for a while. It’s true. Sadly, I don’t even have a good excuse. Bed-ridden, foreign excursion, admittance into a psychiatric ward…any of those would have been much cooler excuses. But really, I just couldn’t write about anything. Or rather, I had nothing to write about. And I think it might have been because I wasn’t doing anything, either.
Sometimes in life, especially in one’s spiritual life, people go on these dry periods. It’s like getting lost in the Doldrums (Phantom Tollbooth, anyone? No? Just me?). You aren’t being challenged, you’re stuck in a routine, and things are…copacetic. As comfortable as these periods are, they are damaging. A wise person once told me that if you’re not moving forward, you’re moving backward; there’s no such thing as standing still. I guess it’s kind of like walking on a treadmill. And I’m realizing now that it’s not just about having blogger’s block (see what I did there?), but it’s about having a growth stunt. The kind your doctor told you about if you drank coffee as a child. It’s true.
So let me be the first to confess that I haven’t done much with my life in about…a long time. And I’m hoping that this entry marks the start of something revolutionary. Ok, fine, that was dramatic. The start of something WORLD-CHANGING. You thought I was going to say something less dramatic, didn’t you? You should know me better than that, dear blog reader.
Let’s see where this goes, shall we?
1 comment:
that's why i love you, manal. only you could pick up on that subtlety :)
Post a Comment