My brother-in-law and I are pretty good friends. Or at least I'd like to think we would be irrespective of him marrying my sister (and there was no familial obligation). Regardless, he's a pretty cool guy and we hang out a lot. We especially like to talk about awesome things we find on the internet. We're like high school kids.
The other day, me and him were having a conversation about crazy creative people we stumble upon. Whether they're designers, musicians, Steve Jobs, whatevs. We have this conversation at least twice a week. And we always come to the same envious conclusion: how much we wish we had that kind of talent.
It's funny when I think about it. It's not that we want to be rich. We don't even want to be famous. We don't want houses, cars, clothes, or really cool glasses (we already have the glasses). We just want to be super talented. In something. Oddly, we're not completely uncreative. We both find ourselves in situations where people are trying to tap into our "creative minds." But then we go on the internet. And our "creative minds" pale in comparison to the 16 year old on YouTube who plays 8 instruments and sings hip-hop acapella covers.
On the flip side, knowing these people exist kind of gives me more hope in mankind. Every day, I meet and find more and more talented people. And yeah, I wish I was one of them; but knowing they're out there makes me feel better about the world. Also, I'd be totally ok with just living vicariously through them. Marrying one would be pretty cool, too. Just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment