I don’t know when the change happened exactly, so we’ll just stick with the word “previously” for this entry’s sake. Previously in my life, I would get really annoyed when unexpected things happened. Things like flat tires, freak inclement weather, forgetting my phone, losing my wallet, etc. I would get irritated, even stressed. But then something changed. I’m not sure what. But I’m glad it did.
This morning, the following series of events occurred: I woke up. It was very cold. We’ll go with 25 degrees. I walk down the street to my car. It was very cold. My car doesn’t start because I left the light on overnight (my bad). I walk back to the house. Call brother-in-law. He’s out of the area and doesn’t have cables. Do internet search of tow services in area. Call first number I find. The man has some disability that makes it hard for him to talk. He thinks I want to “dump” my car, not “jump” my car. We spend 5 minutes discussing why I want to get rid of my car. We realize the miscommunication. I walk back to my car to wait for the guy. Again, it’s cold. Two cars collide about a block in front of me, which happens to be the entrance to the road I’m parked on. This means the tow man can’t get to me (and that there was an accident, don’t mean to be insensitive). Tow man gets to me; definitely handicapped but I’m not sure why or how. Jumps my car. I drive to work.
So really, it wasn’t a big deal. But the “previous” me would have freaked out. Previous Sam would have stressed and complained and thought, “why have You forsaken me?” Maybe Previous Sam was a little dramatic. Either way, I realized something. Stuff like this morning is actually fun. Not knowing what to do and just going with it…it’s pretty fun. Snowmaggedon? That was a blast! Why? I have no idea; but stepping outside of routine doesn’t have to be frustrating. And if you have Twitter and a camera phone, it can be awesome.
And so my message for today: enjoy the interruptions. They're a chance to laugh at life. And write blog posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment