Monday, May 12, 2008

Stuff I Wrote in College: All I Need (inspired by the Jay-Z track)

All I need is the love of my family, a few true friends, and good conversation;
Just a place to call home, a bright future, and a chance at salvation.
All I need is a good education, an open heart, and food on the table;
Simply sensible advice, refuge from the world, and a faith unshakable.
All I need is confidence in my demeanor, a support system, and a reason for smiles;
Merely a good book to read, clean air in my lungs, and worthwhile trials.
All I need is the strength to go on, the trust to believe, and the wisdom to learn;
Only the clothes on my back, success in my path, and a spot I can earn.
All I need is to know He is always with me, watching, listening, forgiving;
Just a reward for my pain, a cross to carry, and a reason for living.

No comments: