Monday, May 12, 2008
Stuff I Wrote in College: I Bet You
I like looking at pictures of my dad. I especially like the ones where his shirt is half unbuttoned and he’s wearing aviator sunglasses. I think that he looks like the coolest guy in the world, and I wish I could have known him then because I bet he was hilarious and I bet he was the life of the party. I wish I could have known him, because I think we would have a lot in common, and we could laugh together about a lot of things. I think he liked Spanish too because he would go to Puerto Rico for work. I think he liked soccer, too. I bet when people met him, they liked him right away. And I bet you he was really smart because he was a chemist. But I bet you he didn’t show it off. He was probably one of those quiet smart people. And I bet you he really liked being a dad, because all the pictures I see, he’s hanging out with my sisters. And I think he thought my mom was beautiful, because they’re either smiling at each other or kissing in all the pictures I’ve seen of them. I think my mom is beautiful now, so he was probably head over heels. I hope he thought he was lucky just to be with her. And I hope he was excited when my mom told him she was pregnant with me. I know I wasn’t planned, and I know my mom thought that having me would be too much. And I bet you they were both really stressed out. But I bet you, they were still excited. And I bet you he was more excited than anyone else, even if he thought it was going to be a boy. And I bet you he wishes he could’ve met me too. Because I think we would have been best friends, and we would have hung out a lot. I bet you that even though we never met, that I’m a lot like him. I bet you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment