Monday, January 10, 2011

God Plans, Man Rejoices

God has plans for me. I know He does. And I don’t know where His plans will take me, I don’t know where I’ll end up, and I have no idea how I’ll get there; but I know He has something big lined up. And I can’t wait to see what it is.


As I write this entry, I want you to replace your name whenever I refer to myself. Because really, what I’m about to say applies to all of us.


I don’t deserve anything. I haven’t done much right with my life to warrant any kind of gift or favor or blessing. But despite that, I know God wants to give me the best. He wants to fill my life with love. Not fill. Overflow. He wants to give me unyielding joy and unperturbed peace. He wants to enlarge my heart so much that my chest will barely be able to contain it. I know this with every bone in my body. And the anticipation of how and when all this will happen is almost overwhelming.


Dear God, You’ve been so good to me. You’ve saved my life, You’ve protected me, and most of all, You’ve given me the faith and trust to keep going. My love for you is renewed every time I realize the works of Your hands; every time I realize how things work for the good of those who love You. Don’t ever let me forget how far You’ve brought me. And don’t ever let me doubt what is yet to come.


“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”


Today, I give thanks for my past, present, and future. But especially for my future, knowing that God isn’t finished with me yet.

1 comment:

sam said...

I like the verse ;)