Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm Coming Home Again (Jan. 14)

And I'm headed home. As per the Quiet Time reading for today (Psalm 50:14-23), and a la Rapper at the BET Awards, I'd like to thank God for the past two weeks. Really. I’d like to thank Him for every message heard, every desire planted, every action of love shown, every edifying conversation, and every ounce of healing. Thank You, my Savior and my King. Thank You for mending my broken heart and giving me a new found hope in You.


For the first time in a long time, I’m happy. And the tears I cry today are those of joy and excitement. And I might be on a plane right now…writing in a Composition notebook, tearing up, with two hippies knocked out beside me…but I have a passion in my heart that I haven’t felt for a while. Estelle singing “American Boy” through my new headphones (thanks family!) might be helping, but anticipation of a hot shower and fresh laundry aren’t my only drivers today.


Today, my driver is a heart of thanks. Consider it an offering of thanks, from a broken and humbled heart. Hey, that’s two pleasing sacrifices in one! Hold the bull and one-year-old-male lamb! Old Testament, anyone? No? Just the girl reading the Bible-in-a-year?


“Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor Me.”


Dear God, please consider my prayer today as a small piece of honor.

No comments: