Yesterday during night class, things got technical. And I loved it.
As promised, last night, we began learning how to write HTML. For those of you who are not in the biz (it’s ok, you can take a night class, too), HTML is the language that web developers write in so that you see stuff on websites. For example, right now, you’re reading my awesomely intriguing blog. The words are centered on the page, in paragraph format; there’s a title, some navigation to your right, and a menu bar up top. All of those features are specified within the source code of this page. Try this: right click, and then select “View Page Source.” You see all that funky stuff that pops up? That’s HTML. And that’s the surface that I scratched last night.
So after we were done with class, and everyone went home…I stuck around and took a screenshot of the code I wrote and its output. Yes, because I am a dork and I was proud of what I had learned:
I feel like Harry Potter in his first year at Hogwarts. He lived his whole life in the muggle world, never knowing that there was this world of awesomeness at his fingertips (literally for me. You know, because of the whole keyboard thing). And then he goes to school and starts learning all these cool tricks, knowing that when he’s done, he’s going to be The Man of magic-making. I just double-dorkified myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment