Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Student Sam

Yesterday was my first day of night class.  And it was awesometown.  Well, technically it’s in Arlington.  Don’t get sassy with me, blog reader.  To be honest, I haven’t really learned anything new since I left college.  Or to be fair, nothing I was excited to learn.  But this was completely different.  My dork-o-meter was going crazy. 

I’ve always enjoyed being a student.  It’s really the only thing in life that I was moderately good at.  I was never a genius, but I had a good memory.  And for all intents and purposes, that was good enough (how you’ve disappointed me, college).  So I decided to register for a two-night-a-week class at a university nearby.  Partly because I was itching to be a student again, but mostly because I want to earn a certification in web design and development.  I mean, I’ve been tirelessly writing all these blog posts…now it’s time to make ‘em fancy!

I’m really excited about this stuff.  We didn’t even get technical last night (just you wait til we get technical), but I ate up everything my instructor was talking about.  In adult school, we call them instructors, not professors.  Partly because they’re not professors, but mostly because full-time-working adults don’t want to associate themselves with other university students.  Not me. I’m just saying.  Pshhh, if another student on campus thought I was one of them, I would be on cloud 9!  Why else do you think I wear a backpack to class?  Everything we do is on the computer, it’s not like I really need a backpack.  I also don’t really need the pencil case I bought from Staples.  And I really like the song “Campus” by Vampire Weekend. Let me dream.

And so, my journey begins!  Before you know it, I will be the mack daddy of website making.  And then all the cool kids will want to be my friends…so I can make them websites.  Wish me luck!

No comments: