Friday, July 8, 2011

Photoshop!

Finally, my dream has come true.  Last night in web class, we started learning how to use Photoshop.  Finally.  Now, I’ve never been an artist.  I always wanted to be.  While other kids wanted to be pretty and popular, I just wanted to be artsy.  I tried my best.  But I pretty much plateaued at collages and writing my name in block letters.  Recently, I bought a sketch book to start getting in the habit of drawing things out.  I laughed at myself for buying it.  Mostly because I’m a horrible drawer; partly because I’m slowly checking things off my “how to be a hipster” list.
Below are three images I stole from the internet and then modified using Photoshop.  As always, it’s pretty basic (we spent most of class learning what each tool on the toolbar did…and then the rest of class talking about the Casey Anthony case):


(the last one may look familiar)
 Someone in my class mentioned that they enjoyed the design part more than the development part.  And I guess that’s why our class is designed the way it is (so that you can try both and see what you prefer).  I’m on a mission to be a triple-threat (coder-designer-jokester…that last one is tough when no one laughs at my jokes…heh).  I also plan on learning how to use Illustrator.  Apparently, for straight up creating, Illustrator is better; whereas Photoshop was made for modifying photos.  I guess that was obvious.  One step at a time, I suppose.     

No comments: