Time flies when you’re having fun. And thus, I’m halfway through my web class…already! It seems like only yesterday I was writing my first line of code. [sigh] I was so young.
Anyway, so after spending 5 to 6 classes on Javascript alone (which, by the way, stinks), we finally started learning how to use Dreamweaver. If learning how to develop websites is like learning how to do math, then Dreamweaver is the TI-83 plus (that’s a calculator for all you non-dorks). Basically, Dreamweaver is a pretty awesome tool that helps you write code and see your design at the same time. It also helps you fill in code if you don’t know it or can’t remember it. Although you might be thinking, “Then why learn code in the first place?”, the tool is 100 times easier to use when you already know how to write code. It’s also easier to fix things, since Dreamweaver isn’t fool-proof.
Below is a screenshot of a page I made using Dreamweaver. Nothing too fancy, but it was my first time using the tool…so I was excited…as usual.
I still haven’t decided what I want to make my website for. It has to be something whose content doesn’t change frequently (a.k.a. not a blog-type site). And with all this time flying by, I gotta think of something! Maybe a fictional clothing store. Maybe a fictional restaurant. Curse you, decisions!

No comments:
Post a Comment